New Year, New Findings

Wow, I can't believe the year is 2012 and I feel like 2011 went by after just a few blinks. Time is just flying by and I think this year I need to be more productive. So with that said, I found a few tips and things that every woman should know.

First, a new study presented at the 2011 CTRC-AACR San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, shows that consumption of starchy foods is linked with an increased risk of low-grade breast cancer tumors coming back in women who have already had breast cancer before.

Unbelievable! So women who've already had breast cancer and eat starchy foods are more susceptible to the disease again. I swear it's like you can't eat or do anything anymore because it causes cancer. 

Check out the full article at Huffington Post

 Sleep Deprivation:
Another article that I found really interesting is about sleep deprivation. Adults should be getting between 7 and 9 hours a sleep per night and studies show that we fall short. I know that if I get between 7-9 hrs per night I'm lucky because most of the time I have insomnia. Sleep deprivation is considered more serious now and it can cause more serious, long-term health problems (i.e. diabetes, obesity).

Read the full article at Huffington Post

0 comments:

Post a Comment